Saturday, January 4, 2014

Goal Update: Week 1

The first week of the new year is almost over! That means it is time for an update on the goals I have set for 2014. Technically it hasn't been a full week yet, since 2014 did not start until Wednesday, so some goals may look like they haven't been fulfilled.

1. Wake up every day at 5:00 for 30 days- I confess that today was the first day of doing this! I got up at 4:30. There were some late nights earlier in the week, and I want to take care of myself this year by getting at least eight hours of sleep a night. That meant not waking up until later.

2. Work out 4 days a week- today was day 3 of this for me. There have only been four days in the new year, so I count this as success! It feels great starting out the day energized.

3. Read the Bible through in a year- I'm actually ahead of schedule on this.

4. Write 3 blog posts per week- this is number three.

I'm excited with the way I have started out. Three out of four is pretty good!



How have you been doing on your resolutions and goals? Did you set any, or were afraid of failing so you didn't even bother? It is not too late to write a few down! I encourage you to do some research on goal setting, and then set aside a block of time (not just a few minutes either) to really thing about what you want this year. Be specific, and then get going. You will never get to the finish line if you don't even bother to start.

Image courtesy  http://mrg.bz/G5rmnB


No comments:

Post a Comment