Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Confessions of a Clean Freak: Developing a Routine


If you think people who have clean homes spend hours working on it, you are wrong.

They don't spend hours working on a clean home, but may have spent hours developing the habit of a morning or evening routine. 

Here is my morning routine
  1. Put all dirty laundry in the laundry area
  2. Make bed
  3. Wipe down bathroom counters if needed
  4. Take out bathroom trash if needed
  5. Clean toilets if needed
  6. Clean bathroom mirror if needed
Evening routine
  1. Take out trash as needed
  2. Do dishes as needed
  3. Sweep kitchen/vacuum as needed
  4. Take items from living room and kitchen that don't belong
My morning routine probably takes less then ten minutes. The evening routine is longer, depending on the amount of dishes, and if the "as needed" things are actually needed. 


Am I consistent with my routine? No way! Life happens. I get tired. Other things are more important. But even doing this routine half of the time keeps my house from becoming chaotic. 

Challenge
If you don't have a routine, write down three tasks for the morning. You may have to get up earlier to do these things, or take time away from something like social networking. Once your morning routine is a habit, try an evening routine or adding items to your list. Don't try to do too much at once! This is when you become overwhelmed. 

Do you already have a good routine? Are you challenged to start one? Comment below! I love hearing from my readers!

Image courtesy  http://mrg.bz/vEjSqX


No comments:

Post a Comment