Saturday, February 22, 2014

Confessions of a Clean Freak: The Power of 15 Minutes

"How do you keep your house so clean all the time?"

"Your house is always so clean!"

These are some of the comments I get when someone pops over for a visit. Here is my answer:

I am a clean freak.

A common misconception of clean freaks is that we clean all the time because we LOVE to clean. This is not true. Over the next couple of days I'm going to show you how you can keep your house guest ready at all times without cleaning for hours a day.

My first post in the series "Confessions of a Clean Freak" has to do with the power of 15 minutes.



You may have already heard of this. Set your timer for 15 minutes and see how much you can get done.  I've never put this in practice before, but decided to give it a try today. Here's what I was able to accomplish:

  1. Removed bathroom trash
  2. Wiped down shoe tray
  3. Switch a load from the washer to dryer
  4. Cleared clutter in spare bedroom

These were all things that needed done. Picking up the spare bedroom had been on my to do list for two weeks. I was able to have the satisfaction of finally crossing this, plus two other items, off my list.

Here's your challenge: set a timer for 15 minutes and then tackle some small tasks that need done around your house (here's a list of ideas). If you have kids, involve them. Make it a fun game or contest, complete with a reward at the end. Then leave me a comment below and let me know how it goes! I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment