Saturday, January 4, 2014

Burlap & Chevron Print Tissue Box Cover

It was burlap, chevron, bright green, AND 50% off all rolled into one.

I jumped on it. Oh, the project ideas!

When I pulled that little roll of cuteness out of the bag at home and then spotted my tissues in their sad cardboard box, I put two and two together. The burlap roll was the perfect size to make a cover. I wanted the project to be easy easy. My husband said sew, while I was thinking something else. Here's what I ended up doing:




  • I wrapped the burlap around my box to see how much I needed, making it nice and tight, added about an inch for seam allowance, and then cut. 
  • Turned the fabric inside out and pinned


  • Fit it around my box just to make sure it was the right size (it was)



  • Sewed a straight line.




  • Put it over my box. I was glad to see that it was still nice and tight.
  • Then I got out my hot glue gun. Remember I wanted it to be easy easy. The less sewing and cutting the better. Working one corner at a time, I folded and glued. It was like wrapping a gift.


Here is the finished project:


The top of it is a little lose and bumpy, but it does not look that bad in person. I still think it looks great in my living room! For a few dollars and about ten minutes I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment