I jumped on it. Oh, the project ideas!
When I pulled that little roll of cuteness out of the bag at home and then spotted my tissues in their sad cardboard box, I put two and two together. The burlap roll was the perfect size to make a cover. I wanted the project to be easy easy. My husband said sew, while I was thinking something else. Here's what I ended up doing:
- I wrapped the burlap around my box to see how much I needed, making it nice and tight, added about an inch for seam allowance, and then cut.
- Turned the fabric inside out and pinned
- Fit it around my box just to make sure it was the right size (it was)
- Sewed a straight line.
- Put it over my box. I was glad to see that it was still nice and tight.
- Then I got out my hot glue gun. Remember I wanted it to be easy easy. The less sewing and cutting the better. Working one corner at a time, I folded and glued. It was like wrapping a gift.
Here is the finished project:
The top of it is a little lose and bumpy, but it does not look that bad in person. I still think it looks great in my living room! For a few dollars and about ten minutes I will take it!