Saturday, January 4, 2014

Giving God the Ugly

This isn’t fair. I’ve been done wrong to. I know exactly what I’m going to say to so and so when I see them. I’m going to get out my phone and text such and such. Two can play this game.

There was recently a situation in my life where these thoughts, among many others, were going through my mind.  They were mean and nasty, and I wanted to turn those thoughts into words. I did not want to act like a Christian, but give people exactly what I thought they deserved. I was mad, mad, mad. I knew my thoughts weren’t pleasing to God, but did not know how to let them go.

Ever been there? Did you try to pretend like things were ok, stuff everything in, and then eventually explode?

I’m glad that, with God, you don’t have to pretend. I stopped trying to do that long ago. Even if my feelings and thoughts aren’t always righteous and godly, I take it to Him anyways.

Because He’s the only one who can take the ugly away.

God already knows what we’re feeling. When I went to Him about that situation and said, “God, I’m mad right now. I’m hurt and don’t understand,” it didn’t take Him by surprise. When everyone else defines you as sweet, pure, and kind-hearted, you know what’s really going on inside.

God knows what’s going on inside. So take it to Him.




That’s what I did. Thankfully, before I said or did something I regretted and destroyed relationships, I took the ugly to God. I confessed my sin, and He gave forgiveness to me and put love in me.

That’s how it can work out for you as well. Do you have hurt or bitterness that needs dealt with? Don’t try to work it out on your own, but come to God. There’s no more need to hide, no more need to pretend- just a need to get to God, to get to grace.

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain
mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
(Hebrews 4:16)


Image courtesy http://mrg.bz/IuIusr


No comments:

Post a Comment