Friday, February 21, 2014

DIY Face Wash

Are you tired of spending money on beauty products that don't work? Have you ever tried making your own? If not, here is a recipe for homemade face wash that I love. 



Materials:
  •  baking soda
  •  water

Instructions:
  • Mix baking soda and water together. Some websites recommend equal parts of each, others say 1 tsp of water to 2 tsp of baking soda. I just eyeball it. Find out what works for you.
  • Wash your face
Things to Remember:
  • Just because this works for me does not mean it will work for you. Baking soda makes some people's face break out or irritates their skin.
  • Do your research when making any homemade cleaner. Some people do not recommend baking soda for your face because of the pH scale. 
  • If you find that it does irritate your skin you may have to play around with how much baking soda you are using. 
Does it work?
  • For me, yes. I have been doing it for about a year, only get a few pimples, and never major breakouts. 
  • In the beginning my face was a little irritated. I adjusted the amount of baking soda I was using, and began following up with lotion for dry skin. Now I have no trouble.
Does the thought of making your own face wash seem strange or intriguing? Have you tried this recipe or have another one that works? Let me know below!

Image courtesy Muybridge, Eadweard, 1830-1904 [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment