Wednesday, February 19, 2014

7 Tips to Stay on Top of Laundry


Doing laundry. It is a never ending task. But it doesn't have to be overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you out.


  1. Sort as you go. When there is enough for a full load of laundry all you have to do is throw it in. Sorting will be one less thing to do.
  2. Collect dirty laundry daily. I usually do this in the morning, and then again sometimes at night. Train you children not to throw dirty clothes in corners, closets, or anywhere else where you may not see it. Or have them put it in your laundry area themselves. 
  3. Take care of it right away. When I see enough for a full load I take care of it, usually first thing in the morning. Don't wait until you have no clean clothes, or there is a mountain of laundry to do. This is when you will start to feel overwhelmed. 
  4. Recruit others to help you. My husband sometimes does laundry on his day off, when I am at work. Have your children help out. I know one lady with nine kids. All of them help fold. 
  5. Have extra detergent on hand. I stock up when I find great deals or make my own. You need to do laundry. You finally have the time. And then you realize you don't have the right tools for the job.
  6. Have a less amount of dirty laundry. If you only had an item on for a few hours, does it really need washed? You can get away with wearing denim multiple times before washing it (unless stained). More washing's equals faster wear. Wear pajamas multiple times as well.
  7. Make it fun. Not just for the kids, but for you. Listen to music, a podcast, or even watch a favorite show while you fold.  
Do you do a great job on keeping up with your laundry? Let me know what works for you below! 

Image courtesy http://mrg.bz/d9qhen

No comments:

Post a Comment