Monday, February 17, 2014

DIY Ruffle Pillow


Confession: I used to be intimidated by sewing ruffles. I wanted to add this super cute and girly item to my home and clothing, but, as a novice seamstress, I never got around to doing it.

Until this week.

Finally, after watching this video several times and writing down the steps, I gave ruffles a try. 

I was pleased to find that my project was not as difficult as I imagined. It wasn't super easy, and was a little time consuming, but I love the results. Give me grace if you look up close at the finished project, though! There's a black dot on the pillow from a Sharpie, and my lines aren't exactly straight, but, remember- I'm still learning!

The video does such a great job of showing how to do ruffles that, for now, I'm not going to do a tutorial. I just wanted to encourage you to attempt a project you've been procrastinating on because it seems difficult. 




What is something you have been wanting to do but have been putting off because it seems to hard? It could be a sewing project, exercising, or trying to save money. Comment and let me know, and then have the courage to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment