Saturday, January 4, 2014

Monthly Meal Plan

How could I ever plan out an entire month of meals? you think. I can't even get dinner on time for tonight!

If you feel overwhelmed at the thought of planning out your dinner for the entire month, then this post is for you. It is not as hard as you think, and won't take you hours to do or cause a headache. I started making a monthly meal plan in August of 2013 and love it! It's a huge help. 

Here is my menu for January. I also have February done. I just used the simplest, non-fancy calendar I could find on Microsoft Publisher.


  1. Repeat your favorites. My husband has his, I have mine, and then there are things we both love. Some of these meals get repeated twice a month, other things only once a month. 
  2. Plan for leftovers. Saturday is my day for this, but choose what works best for you. If there are no leftovers then we just do something quick.
  3. Repeat your favorites. Um, isn't this what you already said? Yes, and I want to repeat it because this is what makes things easy!
  4. Don't freak out if you get off schedule. This is going to happen. On Wednesday we went shopping, so we had dinner out. I just moved that meal, spaghetti, to Thursday. 
  5. Go through your cupboards when you start your new monthly menu. What do you already have on hand to make? This will save you money, and you will know what you have to buy for the month. 
What is your personal favorite? Put it on your calendar once. 

What does your whole family love? You might be able to make that once a week. 

Your husbands favorite? Put it on once. 

Plan for leftovers.

If you have new recipes you want to try, schedule them in. I usually try one or two a month. If it is something we like, then I have something new to repeat each month.

Before you know it you will have the whole month done! You will feel like the most organized person in the world. You will save time, money, and save your self some headaches as well. 

Do you have a meal plan that you follow or have any advice for newbies? Comment and let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment